Roughly half of sports fans believe MLB umpires “almost always” make correct calls.
|Almost Always||Sometimes||Rarely||Almost never|
[Morning Consult poll 5/7/21]
Woke – alert to injustice in society, especially racism.
Cancel culture – a modern form of ostracism in which someone is thrust out of social or professional circles in any form.
There were 97,000 swimming pool installations in the United States last year.
On Tuesday May 11, 2021, the U.S. Patent office issued patent number 11,000,000. The patent went to a spiffy heart valve, an innovative prosthetic. [Numlock News 5/13/2021]
As of May 15, 2021 there have been 19,989 Major League baseball players of whom 266 have ended up in the Baseball Hall of Fame.
“They also serve who only stand and wait.”
“If we want to create an inclusive culture of belonging, we need people who are not running on empty.”
“We will seek perfection. But we will never achieve it. We don’t want to. We will be Imperfecto.”
“Every great movement must experience three stages: Ridicule, discussion, adoption.”
John Stuart Mill
“If another Messiah was born, he could hardly do so much good as the printing-press.”
Georg C. Lichtenberg
“Nothing will ever be attempted, if all possible objection must be first overcome”
“Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever.”
“That is a great question!”
Said by way too many people when answering questions from various journalists.
1. With pointed fangs I sit and wait; with piercing force I crunch out fate: grabbing victims, proclaiming might; physically joining with a single bite. What am I?
2. I have lakes with no water, mountains with no stone and cities with no buildings. What am I?
3. Only one color, but not one size, stuck at the bottom, yet easily flies. Present in the sun, but not in rain. Doing no harm and feeling no pain. What is it?
4. Who is that with a neck and no head, two arms and no hands?
5. If eleven plus two equals one, what does nine plus five equal?
Answers can be found here.