1) Which of the following words don’t belong in the group and why? CORSET, COSTER, SECTOR, ESCORT, COURTS
2) When John was six years old, he hammered a nail into his favorite tree to mark his height. Ten years later at age sixteen, John returned to see how much higher the nail was. If the tree grew by five centimeters each year how much higher would the nail be?
3) Lily is a Lilypad in a small pond. Lily doubles her size each day. On the 20th day she covers the whole pond. On what day was Lily half the size of the pond?
4) What common English verb becomes its own past tense by rearranging its letters?
5) When asked how old she was, Suzie replied, “In two years I will be twice as old as I was five years ago.” How old is she?
6) Lighter than what I am made of. More of me is hidden than is seen. What am I?
7) Different lights do make me strange, thus into different sizes. I will change. What am I?
Answers can be found here.